INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order for you to use our Website and provide the Company’s goods and services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of the Website, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our Website or through any promotions or mailing lists: For example, your name, address information, email address, age, birthday, telephone number, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our Website;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, send us direct messages through social media, tag us in a social media post, or submit through any information form; such as your name, phone number, age, and any other details you provide in your communications. Company may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you purchase products from the Company: For example, if you make purchases with your credit card, we may use your credit card information for shipping, billing, and credit card validation purposes;
- Information to support delivery of purchased products: For example, we may require your address to deliver goods and other materials you request to you;
- Information about your activity on the Website, including your device information, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Website.
- Information stored in connection with any products or accounts, such as customer information, and other data provided as part of your use of the Website or purchase of any products.
The Company does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age or younger, and such individuals are not permitted to register for or use the Website, including by subscribing to receive information from the Company. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a minor. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
LOG FILES AND COOKIES
Websites use a standard technology called Cookies and Web server logs (“Log Files”) to collect information about how the Website is used. Information gathered through Cookies, and Log Files may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at the Website, and the websites visited just before and just after the Website. The Company’s advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
- Recognize you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and authentication features on our Website;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our Website;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products, and services, and to help us better understand our users’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our Website;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
Types of Cookies: The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our Website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our Website, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Website works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the E.U. you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
Controlling Cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this Website. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources:
The Company generally uses Personal Information for purposes of administering and expanding its business activities, providing products and/or services to Users, fulfilling orders, processing purchases, providing Personal Information to third‐party businesses required to fulfill product orders and/or provide services (“Affiliates”), providing customer service, making available other products and services to Users, notifying the User about important changes to the Website, new services, newsletters, updates, Company information, alerts and special offers (“Company Use”). The Company may need to send critical service updates from the Website, which User may not opt‐out of receiving.
The Company may buy or sell assets, business offerings or the control of the Website. Personal and User Information may be transferred at any time in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution. The User will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of Personal and/or User Information.
The Company follows generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information, both during transmission and after receipt. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and Company does not guarantee absolute security. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. A User should not send private information via email.
The Company may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend the Company’s rights and property, Website, the Users or (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of Users or third parties.
Each User may opt‐out of certain uses by Company by checking the desired opt‐out options available at the time of registration or by going to the Website to review which uses include an option to opt‐out. Except for any optional uses the User has expressly requested to be omitted from, Company has exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Personal and User Information submitted to the Company (“Submissions”). The Company is entitled to use the Submissions for any commercial or other purposes whatsoever, without compensation to User or any other person sending the Submission. User acknowledges that User is responsible for whatever material User submits, and User shall have full responsibility for the message submitted, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
The Company will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. This is a case by case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data so that we may process and deliver your orders. We may also be legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data in such a way that you are not personally identifiable, either directly or indirectly.
BASIS FOR PROCESSING – EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS ONLY
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from residents of the European Economic Area. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver our products our services, and assist with any questions you may have.
- Consent: we may ask your consent to process your personal information in some situations.
- Legal compliance: sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data.
- Legitimate interests: This is a term in data protection law that allows us to process your personal information if we have a fair reason to use your data, and only if we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in running our business, including for delivering our products or services, fraud prevention, quality assurance, and marketing purposes, as long as our use of your data does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUESTS – CALIFORNIA AND E.U. RESIDENTS
Users or Website visitors residing in certain locations, including California and the European Union, may be afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include 1) the ability to request access to or a copy of the information we have collected about you; 2) the right to review our data collection practices related to you; 3) the ability to request deletion of your personal information; 4) the right to request correction of any information we hold about you; 5) the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights; and 6) the right to request portability of your data. In certain circumstances, you may also request restriction of, or objection to the processing we perform about you. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, the Company may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will attempt to respond to your request for information within 30 days. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS
World CopperSmith, Inc.
7700 68th Avenue North
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55428