While dishwashers are found in the majority of homes and apartments these days, they’re never a guarantee. Even those that do have dishwashers find themselves handwashing dishes from time to time. Especially pots and pans with caked-on food. No matter what your reason for handwashing, sponges are an undeniable necessity in any kitchen. However, a sad fact is that sponges can easily collect bacteria, mold, and even mildew if not stored properly. That’s why it’s important that you rinse sponges thoroughly, always allowing them to dry out completely after use. That’s where a sponge rack comes in. Too many times sponges are left on the countertop or back in the sink, making a soapy, watery mess. When this occurs, sponges left in to sit without ventilation don’t properly dry, leaving behind a bacteria breeding ground. Luckily, this virgin copper sponge rack promotes ventilation, eliminating instances of bacteria, mildew, and more, so you never have to worry about contamination.
Constructed from highly durable 16 gauge virgin copper, this handsome sponge rack is both long-lasting and visually appealing. It is designed to sit atop your sink with a slightly elevated, porous platform that promotes ventilation and keeps your countertops clean and dry. Featuring a vintage copper finish, this sponge rack doubles as a statement piece, delivering a pop of intelligent design and style to any kitchen. Whether you’re a home cook or you work in a commercial kitchen, this luxurious rack for sponges is compact enough to save precious counter space but roomy enough to store multiple sponges with no overlay. You can even employ it to hold your dish soap! When it comes down to it, bacteria is no joke. With this sponge rack, you can feel confident that you and your loved ones are safe from illness while saving money by prolonging the lifespan of your sponges. For use with our copper workstation sinks.
- Constructed with highly durable 16 gauge virgin copper for long-lasting functionality and convenience
- Complete with a lovely finish that adds character while actively resists corrosion, tarnishing, fading, and damage from sharp or heavy objects
- Features several holes in a raised platform for airflow and ventilation
- Designed to sit conveniently on the back of the sink, maximizing space in the kitchen
- Reduces the risk of bacteria growth, mold, and mildew
- Prolongs the lifespan of your sponge, saving you a few extra dollars