How to Decorate Your Copper Table for the Holidays
With the holidays approaching, you’re probably like us: You’re starting to think about how you’re going to decorate your home and table. It’s always a pleasure having your family and friends around at the end of the year, and you want to leave a great impression. If you have a copper dining table, decorating can seem like a challenge. The beautiful finish of a genuine hand-hammered copper table is so dramatic that it can be difficult to imagine a table setting that adds to the appeal.
At CopperSmith, as you might imagine, we’re huge fans of copper home furnishings and décor, so we gathered a few ideas over the years for decorating your copper table for the holidays. In the end, it all comes down to your personal style, and what’s most important is the delicious feast you prepare for your guests.
If you want to accompany your meal with an attractive décor, however, consider these ideas:
- There are countless finishes for copper tabletops. They range from light, shiny surfaces like a new copper penny to intense, dark finishes that are close to black. The beauty of copper is the patina that evolves over time, so choose holiday table settings and decorations that best complement your particular table.
- Lighter copper tables look great with green, which highlights and complements the natural green hints as copper ages. This is perfect for the holidays, so why not include some green boughs and branches in your décor. White looks great with all types of copper, so a green-and-white table décor is always a safe bet.
- In our experience, the color red matches best with darker copper finishes. Bright red with a shiny copper can make it look pink, which may not be what you’re looking for at the holidays. If you’re choosing red for your holiday table, deep maroons and Bordeaux reds generally work best with light copper.
- Deep, intense coppers can be married with almost any color. One style we love is frosted blue and gray with an aged or rustic patina. This dramatic look helps create the feeling of a cozy, inviting winter wonderland. Your guests will instantly be transported to a true winter festival with this table décor.
- You can pair your beautiful copper table with silver or pewter chargers and utensils for a traditional, medieval look. Instead of modern decorations and materials, opt instead for a holiday dinner from another time. Add boughs, berries and straw for the feel of a truly original holiday table that’s guaranteed to impress.
There’s no end to the ways you can decorate your copper table for the holidays, but these ideas are sure to highlight your table and make it a centerpiece of your holiday meal. If you already have a copper table, you can start decorating right now! If you still haven’t made your purchase, check out our great selection of copper table tops for your dining room or kitchen table. There’s still time before the holidays!