Copper’s Natural Anti-Bacterial Properties
Copper is one of the most durable and beautiful materials available for use as a kitchen or bathroom sink. The much sought after living finish will patina with age. CopperSmith has created several different styles of copper sinks. Our sinks are available in various sizes, styles, and finishes. These sinks are low maintenance and will last for years to come. They are all naturally anti-bacterial and full of distinctive charm. Care and maintenance are dependent on the finish you choose. We offer sinks in a rustic finish, living finish, and sealcoat finish.
Hand Hammered Rustic Finish
Our rustic finish sinks are hand hammered, then heated over a fire. A natural copper color is brought out by applying wax and oil. The surface will age naturally over time.
• Avoid abrasive cleaning products
• Use a conditioning oil or natural carnauba wash once every six months to keep colors vibrant
Raw Copper Living Finish Patina
We make our living finish sinks from raw copper sheeting. Because of this, a gorgeous patina will develop over time. For those who prefer the new copper look, these sinks can be scrubbed to maintain brightness.
• Clean frequently with soap and water
• Occasionally apply Bayes Teak Cleaning Spray if you want to bring out natural patina colors
• Scrub with fine wool or a Scotch Bright Pad once a month if you want to maintain the new copper look
Sealcoat Copper Finish
Our sealcoat finish products are made using smooth, raw copper sheets, baked to induce a patina color. Then we seal them with a durable coating. As with all copper products, these sinks will naturally change color with time and exposure to the elements.
• Wash with soap and water
• Avoid abrasive cleaners
• Apply a coating of natural carnauba wash once a year to keep colors vibrant
• Maintain the finish by running water continuously while working with acidic foods such as lemon, pineapple, vinegar, mustard and ketchup
Low Maintenance Elegance of Copper
The beauty, charm, and elegance that come from a copper sink are hard to overlook. When you factor in the durability, anti-bacterial properties, and easy maintenance, they are also hard to pass up. Our copper products are a great investment for your home.
CopperSmith has a real passion for coppersmithing. We create copper products for the kitchen and bathroom, including our various sink designs. We offer copper sinks in three different, low maintenance finishes. Each finish has it is own beautiful and distinct look. Choose from the rustic finish, sealcoat finish and living finish. Care and maintenance vary slightly depending on desired look and patina.